Terms and Conditions
MITD is the Non profit Information Centre, managed by Miliniuem Training Develpment Center on Our address and contact details are:
Irakli Abashidze St , No 34-36 ,0179,Georgia
If you are phoning from overseas you can also use the following numbers:
To have your application processed, you must signal acceptance of all these Terms and Conditions by clicking on the relevant tick box on the online application form or by clicking on Accept.
Please read our Privacy Notice which sets out our policy on processing your personal data.
There is a separate opt-in to receive communications about useful relevant products and services from MITD- this is completely optional, and you can opt out at any time.
Note that if you request us to stop processing your data, we will be unable to provide services or to complete the provision of services to you, and we will be unable to maintain communication with you.
In relation to the system for online payments, the online payment service for MITD applicants is designed to speed up applications to MITD and offer our applicants the convenience of paying with a valid debit or credit card. This payment system and the use of this system is also subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. On receipt of all necessary paperwork, MITD will aim to complete an application within the timeframe for the service that is specified on our website. These timeframes and turnround times are counted from the point when all required documentation and payment was received by MITD. However, this period is not guaranteed and in some cases, such as those requiring additional, in depth research, the application will take longer. In these 'research cases', the maximum process time is 1 month. If your application requires additional research and becomes a 'research case', you will be informed.
2. MITD will provide a qualification evaluation if the qualification(s) submitted are recognised in the country of origin and have been awarded by awarding bodies that are accredited/recognised in the country of origin. For qualifications that do not meet these criteria, it is not normally possible to issue a MITD Statement.
3. The applicant shall bear sole responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the applicant's details supplied to MITD.
4. MITD will not take responsibility for original documents and MITD cannot be held responsible for loss of paperwork in the post. To process an application, MITD requires scanned copies of original certificates, translations into English (if applicable) and copies of transcripts. 12 months after an application is completed and after our last communication with you, we will destroy all copies of qualification documents submitted; scanned documentation will be deleted from our databases, and posted copies of documents will be shredded. Do not send original documents - an additional fee will be charged for their safe return.
6. MITD may refuse to process or post the whole or any part of the applicant's details if MITDdeems those details to be offensive or inappropriate, or if in MITD 's absolute discretion it believes those details to be inaccurate, untrue or a forgery. If fraudulent documents are identified, MITD will forward information to the relevant authorities and, as per clause 13, no refund will be given.
7. MITDwill take all reasonable steps to ensure a high quality service but cannot guarantee that the provision of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free. MITD places particular importance on the service provided to all customers. Should the applicant be dissatisfied with the service or the information provided they can address their concerns in writing to MITD as specified in the Application Procedures. The timeframe for submitting requests for clarification / complaints / requests for reassessment is 6 months after the service has been completed. Any requests for clarification / complaints / requests for reassessment submitted after that period cannot be considered.
8. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, you are accepting that MITD’s total liability for any loss or damage to the applicant or qualification holder arising out of any breach of service, negligence or other acts or omissions of MITD in connection with any services provided will be limited in any event to the amount paid for that service.
9. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, you are confirming that you have read our online information and viewed our samples and are satisfied that the content, purpose and usage of our statements meet your requirements.
10. MITD cannot guarantee to supply the service in the event of the failure or interruption of services provided by third parties.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Georgia .
Our registered address and registered numbers are:
12. The fee is payable in GEL and chargeable for the comparability service and will include VAT where this requires to be added.
13. The fee is an administration and an assessment fee.
The full service fee is non-refundable in the event of an error on the part of the applicant. Please ensure that the correct documentation is supplied, and correct and complete information.
Refunds are available in certain circumstances, although MITD will retain an administration fee. You can read our refunds policy here.
14. MITD will not process an application paid by credit or debit card if the card payment is rejected by our banking facility.
15. The fee does not depend on the outcome of an assessment and is therefore non-refundable.
16. By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, given the nature of the service, you are agreeing to the service starting before the end of the 7-day cancellation period that applies to certain purchases under consumer rights provisions. Cancellation rights will therefore end when the performance of the service begins.
Primary Source Verification
This section applies only to services which include Primary Source Verification (eg applications for a Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills).
19. If your service includes a Primary Source Verification check of a qualification, (eg for an application for a Statement of Comparability for Construction Skills), you must sign a letter of authorisation allowing MITDEcctis Ltd, and/or its partner verification organisations, to obtain the information required to authenticate your qualification as genuine.
20. We will verify only one qualification, normally your highest qualification. If you have two qualifications at the same level, we will verify the more recent one. If you wish to have a different qualification verified, you must inform us in writing which qualification you wish to have authenticated as genuine. You should fill in your 'application notes' section, in your online application, accordingly.
21. For services for individuals which require Primary Source Verification, and only for these individual services, we need to share your data with companies and organisations specialising in verification services. As qualification verification has to deal with different kinds of institutions worldwide, we use a range of selected companies and organisations in different parts of the world. Some of these companies and organisations will process your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and therefore outside the usual jurisdiction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You will be asked to give specific consent for this at the time of ordering services requiring Primary Source Verification, and in giving consent you are signalling that you accept these arrangements. All such arrangements with verification companies and organisations are governed by appropriate agreements and contracts. Please read our Privacy Notice.